If you own a Blink camera and a Google Home, you may be wondering if the two devices are compatible. The good news is that, yes, Blink cameras work with Google Home. In this article, we’ll discuss how to set up your Blink camera with Google Home and the features you can expect to use.
Setting Up Your Blink Camera with Google Home
Before you can use your Blink camera with Google Home, you need to make sure both devices are set up and connected to your home Wi-Fi network. If you haven’t set up your Blink camera yet, you can download the Blink app and follow the instructions to get started.
Once your Blink camera is set up, you can connect it to Google Home using the Google Home app. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the “+” icon in the top left corner to add a new device.
- Select “Set up device” and choose “Works with Google”.
- Search for “Blink” and follow the on-screen instructions to link your Blink account to Google Home.
Once your Blink camera is linked to Google Home, you can use voice commands to control your camera and view live footage.
Using Google Home with Your Blink Camera
Now that your Blink camera is connected to Google Home, you can use a variety of voice commands to control your camera and view live footage. Here are some of the features you can expect to use:
- View live footage: You can use voice commands to view live footage from your Blink camera on your Google Home Hub or Chromecast-enabled TV.
- Arm and disarm your camera: You can use voice commands to arm and disarm your Blink camera.
- Check camera status: You can use voice commands to check the status of your Blink camera, including battery life and Wi-Fi connection status.
- Receive alerts: You can set up alerts to receive notifications on your Google Home when your Blink camera detects motion or sound.
Overall, if you own a Blink camera and a Google Home, you can take advantage of the many features available when you connect the two devices. With voice commands, you can control your camera, view live footage, and receive alerts, making it easier than ever to monitor your home and keep your family safe.
So, if you’re looking for an easy way to monitor your home using voice commands, be sure to connect your Blink camera to Google Home today!